I’m an experienced web designer based in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England. I also act as a consultant web designer, and have worked with clients including the NHS, University of Edinburgh, City & Guilds and the Scottish Government.
I work with clients throughout the world on WordPress, Magento, and Shopify. I also run training courses including Introduction to HTML & CSS and Introduction to website design, and founded Newcastle web design agency Peacock Carter Ltd.
From Magento ecommerce website planning to design, build, support and consultancy, I’m a Magento consultant with years of experience planning, designing, developing and rescuing Magento ecommerce websites. I started working with Magento after its release in 2007, and have designed, developed and supported Magento websites ever since. I’m author of 4 books on the Magento platform as well as technical reviewer of Magento titles including Magento 2 DIY, and regularly speak at events in UK on Magento and ecommerce.
I’m also available for Magento training courses in the UK, and have shared my Magento knowledge with clients large and small throughout the country.
I’m a WordPress web designer, and love building responsive, mobile-friendly websites on the WordPress platform. I’ve worked with WordPress for over 10 years, and spoke at the WordCamp Manchester 2017 conference.
Between myself and my team at Peacock Carter I offer a full WordPress service, including:
- WordPress website design – from brochure websites to interactive membership portals, I’ve built both simple and complex websites on the platform, and understand its strengths – and weaknesses
- Custom WordPress plugin development
- WordPress SEO audits – great for discovering any weaknesses in your website’s set up which may effect its search engine rankings
- WordPress training courses with content tailored to your own requirements.
I am available for web consultancy projects. I’ve helped organisations including the Scottish Government and City & Guilds on web design consultancy projects. Previous and current clients include:
- The Scottish Government
- The University of Edinburgh
- The NHS
- The University of Holmstad, Sweden
- The University of Breda, Netherlands
- Web design and digital marketing agencies throughout the UK
I love working with smaller organisations, too, where web consultancy can have such a large, positive impact. Please do get in touch if you have a web consultancy project you’d like me to be involved in.
I’m an experienced web designer based in Newcastle upon Tyne, and have been designing websites since 2000 or so. There is a small sample of previous web design projects available to view in my web design portfolio.
You can find me speaking at web design events throughout the country, or running introduction to web design courses for people of all backgrounds and knowledge levels.
I’m also a big fan of the Shopify ecommerce platform, and am available for Shopify ecommerce projects.